Friday, January 14, 2011

Finding La La Land =)

A friend of mine once said “your ‘la la’ land is what defines you”, and here’s how my ‘la la’ land is like.

My la la land is the only place in the whole world I can get to by only closing my eyes. It’s the place where I can be who I really wanna be; it’s my shelter when life gets tough. Simply, it’s my imaginary world.
So, how is it like?!
Well, it’s not the place where people are dancing & singing & laughing all the time, and it’s not the place where roses  are everywhere & where the only sound you can hear is the birds’ singing & the rivers’ streaming, and also it’s not the place where animals can talk and where I can fly or hide in a hat J. It’s both simpler& more complicated than that, it’s the place where life is easy even problems & adversities (yes, there are problems in la la land) because in my La la land, everybody loves life with all its bitterness & sweetness. When I’m there, I feel my veins are bursting with love for life. I feel that life is worth living, even when problems descend, I feel that everything is gonna be ok.

But the hardest thing about la la land is that at a moment, I have to open my eyes & come back to the real land where everyone is disappointed & fed up with life. As I grew up, the moment of leaving la la land gets harder & harder because life gets more difficult and the people I know get more disappointed. So, one day, I decided to bring my la la land to life; I knew it was hard but it was also worth trying!!

Since that moment, I’ve tried so hard to bring la la land to life, I tried to make the people around me love life like those who live in la-la land, I tried to make them free themselves of disappointment & giving up, but ….I never succeeded. Every day, it got harder & harder till I decided to give up. “It was a crazy idea after all, how can I bring an imaginary world to life?, what  the hell was I thinking?” I thought to myself. But then, I remembered something a friend of mine used to tell me. She always told me to be the change I wanna see. Thinking about that, I remembered that while my attempt to bring my la la land to life, I tried to change everybody around me, except me!! I never thought to bring the la la land-me to life. I never tried to be that optimistic, life loving person I become when I get there and then, I thought of the real reason why I love my la la land. Simply, I love it because of the person I become when I get there and that’s why I decided to bring the la la land-me to life.
Well,I haven’t reached that yet but I believe that someday I will and at that moment, my real life would be my la la land =)

6 comments:

  1. amazing one nada :) may Allah help you and see LaLa land true :) we all will help you isA :)

    just a question does LaLa have a meaning behind it ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, ya Abdo. Actually, you all are already helping me by just being who you are.=)
    Concerning the question, I don't get it; wala di 2alsh :D:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love Lala land :):)

    Thank you Nada so much for this one...It's beautiful :):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Salma :):) you know how much this means to me :):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nidoooo :) begaaadd rabenaa yekremikkk <3 <3

    ReplyDelete